Join our gene pool.
Sr. Product Designer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
At 23andMe, design plays a pivotal role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. Considering every detail, the Senior Product Designer will help facilitate the creation of highly imaginative, intuitive, beautiful experiences and, above all else, experiences that empower individuals to gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Advocate for the user - Understand the needs of the users, learn what's possible and challenge the impossible.
- Collaborate - Simplify concepts into exciting and engaging experiences collaborating with your peers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Communicate - Articulate recommendations and decisions through designs sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity comps, interactive prototypes, and specifications that improve the user experience, supporting design systems, various platforms and overall creative process.
- Craft - Contribute to the design team’s culture through never-ending curiosity, refinement, and excitement of our craft creatively transforming problems into additive solutions.
- Engage - Support the teams' development through never-ending curiosity, refinement, and excitement of our craft. Lead by example, embracing creative conflict and transforming problems into additive solutions.
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience focusing on product design and user interface across various platforms, including TV, web, iOS, and Android.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates compelling interactive design work, showcasing a perspective on the creative process and aesthetic.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams delivering high-quality work while advocating for design, brand, research, and user experience continuity.
- Ability to partner with Product, Engineering, and Marketing organizations to understand, contribute, and execute product strategy.
- Proficiencies in one or more of the following software applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Principle, Unity, Xcode, and Cinema 4D.
- Genuine passion for health, science, and education.
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar.
- Experience working on other platforms like TV, Wearables, Hardware etc.
- Prototyping or animation experience.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.